Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday 7.20.11

What Wednesday again. . this comes around a lot faster than I expect.

FINISHED:

Ice Cream Dress BackOh this week has been productive.  I would have loved to finish more but I'm super proud of myself.
First I made up an Oliver & S dress right before the recipient arrived.  Here's the post I made up this past Monday.

I've been procrastinating on this .. and tada.  Something off my list.

I was almost tempted to make those PJ pants for my fella but I didn't.




I did finish up some bee blocks and also put a huge dent in a few others.

July - Aqua & OrangeJuly - Aqua & OrangeHere's the two blocks for the Queen Bee in Aqua & Orange

That's right. . another set of garden fences.  These are lovely and I love how quick they come together.

What are the chances that in two bee's the ladies choose the same block.  Oh how fun!
July - Orange you Glad Bee
And I also finished a block for the Orange you Glad Bee.

This block with some awesome helpful hints went together much better than I previous attempt at this block.  Starch is your friend!








NEW PROJECTS: 
None.  I did clean my sewing space.  My fella wasn't able to see the difference.  Sigh!  But I swear it's better than it was!

Works in Progress:
- Mug Rug for Swap
- Bee Blocks. . this one is so in the bag!
Things I would love to be working on but are on hold:


-Postage Stamp Quilt
- Quilty Gift for GF
- Arcadia quilt
- Sliced Coins Quilt
- Choose and cut fabrics for Dresden quilt
- Finish top for quilt for nephew
- Summer top for me
- PJ pants for fella
- Summer dress for friends little girl
- Pick fabrics and blocks for on-line quilt bee's - the other ones I'm in
- Birdie Sling bag
- "baby" quilt  
-Skill Builder Blocks
-Embrodery 101 blocks (these are on the cutting table. . does that count?)
I'm adding this post to be part of
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm excited to join Lee at Freshly Pieced this week.  Go check her and many other great folks.


 

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad I found your blog! The dress is lovely and so are your quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabrics you used on the dress are really cute! I haven't made any garden fence blocks yet, but I have some FQs coming in a few weeks that I think will look really good with that block...we shall see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from your newest follower, I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I heart the orange you glad block....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little dress is just too cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those fence blocks. And the dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the contrast in the fabrics for the dress. adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is super cute! Heh. I hear you on the space cleaning. I organized the "mess" so I knew which bits I was working on. The response The Pirate gave when he saw what I had done to the guest room was "wow...that's a mess."

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}