Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hopping fun

Community

Yep that's what it's all about.  Not only on the web ♥ but also in 'real life'.

This past week and weekend I went on a super fun quilt shop hop.  'Hop the Blues Shop Hop'

It was hundreds of miles driving between the "local" quilt stores in
Southeast Washington and Northeast Oregon.
Yep, I went to every shop.
I hope I win a prize!

For my driving I ended up with a free jelly roll.  Each store we hit, I got 4 strips of the batik's per store.  So to complete the entire jelly roll you needed to get to each store.  And each store had a sample of the entire set - which I now have.  So I'm not into batik's  at all.  There were a few examples in each store that could almost change my mind.

I learned that I have no clue how to roll a jelly roll. So it's bulky and fun in my storage area now.

There were the most awesome ladies in these shops! 
There were free things at many of the store
and there was a small discount for one item at each shop.

I might have walked away with this haul.  EEEP!

I now know a few more stops when I'm traveling to visit my mother in Idaho!

Here's my top shops in my area.

Stash in Walla Walla, Washington
Quilts Plus in Halfway, Oregon *seriously amazing store*
Sew in Vac in Walla Walla, Washington
Traditions Quilt Shop in Baker City, Oregon

Yeah!

6 comments:

  1. I'd heard about this kind of event before and it sounds like so much fun! Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun! Wow...I wish there were something like that organized in my area. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I've never done a shop hop, but heck an excuse to go to lots of fabric stores?? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. If you ever need to offload those batiks, I'm your gal. They just keep growing on me.
    What is the hot pink cross fabric in the second picture! That sounds like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I love those little purple leaves from terrain- I definitely want yardage of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just so you know - I loooove batik:) hee hee. love you-
    Sheri Lou

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}