Sunday, September 30, 2012

Behind the ball

So suddenly I'm just behind in ohhh - 

EVERYTHING!

I might have a bit going is all.  

Quickly, this past weekend I took a "class" to certify I can use a long-arm quilting machine at a local quilt shop.  

All I can say is that I 

Love quilting
-ed it! 
{that is supposed to be "love" in the photo}

I also love that I'm almost done with this quilt!

My bestie, Jo took this "class" later in the day, she got less direction on the stitching and how the machine worked overall.  I tried to give her some of the tips I learned a few hours earlier.

Jovanna on the long arm

Overall Jo is soooo much better at machine quilting than I am. But I'm super happy to have a few quilting partners in crime!

I need more practice!  I'm already looking forward to next time. Whenever that will be.

On to the next things on my list! But it's nice to know that despite feeling overwhelmed,
it's all good!


6 comments:

  1. Me, me, me!! I'll totally be another partner in "quilting crime"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Apparently there's a place about 40 miles from here where you can hire a long arm, and we keep talking about heading up as a guild, but we've never been organised enough to do it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to learn how to do that too. I hope things settle down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that looks fun! I'm with you on having too much going on, if it makes you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are "certified," doesn't mean "professional" is what I told my mom. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}