Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Modern Mini Quilt Challenge - Rainbows in Gray


Welcome if you're jumping over from Ellison Lane.
Isn't she the bestest ever!
I was part of her follower spotlight back in 2011

As an intro ...
I'm Shanna {like Banana}.
You can find me on the many Internet venues through my buttons just to the left.
<----------------

Please look around, I would love to have you visit me again.

I'm so excited to participate in the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge.


Modern She Made 3 - Sent
Here is what I made.
I made this for the Modern She Made 3 swap.

I knew that I could do this as a challenge as it included stars
{I love stars & triangles of all sorts!}
This is for a secret partner, Lee from May Chappell

Modern She Made 3 - Sent

Quilt Stats:
Name: Rainbows in Gray
Size: approx. 21" x 21"
Fabrics:  Stash fabrics + Kona grays
Binding: Amy Butler - Cameo - Forget Me Not in Midnight 
Pattern:  My own design scaled down version of fireflies tutorial from Sew Bittersweet Designs
Quilting: Machine quilted by me on my Pfaff Performance 2058
Started : April 2013
Completed: May 2013 

It was fun to post some status on Instagram

Modern She Made 3 - Sent ~ Binding


I also added a star for the back.  I used a the wonky star tutorial I posted here.


Modern She Made 3 - Sent ~ Back

The back was just as fun to improv together. . see I can do it :)
~~~
This is the first time that I jumped into a swap in a bit.  And this felt like walking into the big leagues.  I am so pleased with how this turned out. 

{I'll share what I got in return
- sometime -
I promise as I LOVE IT}

It's so nice to show things that I've finished, instead of start about 5 new projects a month or joining in on-line bee's {where I met the lovely Jennifer}.
To remedy this Melissa from Sew BitterSweet Designs and I have been running a monthly goal {with sponsors} called 'A Lovely Year of Finishes'  we would love to have your join us.  It's been fantastic to see finishes - even some of my own.

In the meantime, please go check out the other amazing mini quilts with Jennifer's Modern Mini Quilt Challenge


Thanks for visiting




13 comments:

  1. I love this mini! But I bet youb already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just gorgeous! I love half square triangles and you really did an excellent job on this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky secret partner! This is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is wonderful! It's very interesting to look at. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and I absolutely love that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the three shades of grey - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shanna I love your mini and how funny that I know Lee! She came to Sew South last year. It really is a small world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mini! It's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so funny, Shanna like banana! Love it!
    I also adore this mini - slightly jealous that I wasn't your partner, but I do love the tote I received.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous - I love the design and the fabric choices, brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}