Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Stash Report- Week 7 of 2011

 I was a traveling fool and then had life hit me.  I was so lucky to go to Fabric Depot in Portland, Oregon.  I must say that this was way to overstimulating for me.  I need to bring blinders the next time.  I had the hardest time focusing in this store.  I had a hard time just standing in one spot and saying. . ohhh isn't THIS pretty without 50 other things catching my eye.  I must say that the web is good for this.  I walked through naming the lines and the designers.  I must say impressive.

I got home and then got back in my car to visit my Grandpapa who was in the hospital.  I was lucky enough to take him home while I was visiting.  Since nothing was going wrong my mother and I went to a few fabric stores along the way. . not too shabby if I say so myself.

 I didn't have time to post since it was the "big game" so I had to postpone my Sunday Stash.  No big.  But then my family was sick.  I then was sick.  2 days of fighting the cold and 2 days of fighting the COLD.  I honesty thought that I was going to fight this one off before it hit.  Well Miss low immune system is here.   

All of this to say that even my 2nd Sunday Stash is late.  Whatever.. just rolling with it here people. {This is super impressive for me BTW}


So here I go rambling on but I wanted to share what I got and a close up of my lovelies. 

First up is Ann Kelle . . . can you say yum.  This is some serious fun here.

This will be one day used with this Little Miss fabric.   Which is a great series.  For those of us in the US we are a bit uncultured but go check out the series by Roger Hargreaves.








Oh what else.. why there is every color Kona Solid color at Fabric Depot.  I was again kicking myself when I didn't pick up . . durrr WHITE.  But these two that I picked up will hobble me along for awhile.





I couldn't walk out the door without anything orange.  I used to hate orange.  This is what you get for hating anything.  One day you love it, you love it so much that you must overload on it.  One's Central Park by the way. . rarrrr.

Now this one got me for some reason.  I'm not saying that I don't love it now. . cuz I DO.  I just don't remember why it jumped out at me.  I love it.  Reminds me of my waiting to be worked on cathedral windows project.





And these are the others that I picked up along the way in Portland and in Boise.  They will be fab in something I tell you.

Oh like the large poka-dot is a pocket for my knitted purse.  Yep another one of those projects.  La la la la.

Here is a snap of the "boy" colors I picked up.  I'm queen bee for the first time EVER.  And I'm having these ladies help me get in the groove of boy/man colors.  I must say that the two that I see so far make it look easy.  So here's some colors to fill my stash.  My girlfriend says it's so dark but men are dark.. aren't they?



Oh this one I had to get because look at it. .

I just want to touch the fuzzy black . . wait that's not fuzzy.  It's a total illusion.  I love it. . I think I got a yard of this bad boy.









And this purple and bird combo.  I can't say this isn't the best fabric in the world.  I love purple.  And this is the color that I have the least of in my stash.  So this yummy one is helping me out.



These are just fun.  I can't wait to see what they sew into.  I'm thinking some geese sometime soon.







I have to say that the Twice as Nice Bee that I'm in has me freaked out.  I have no cutesy things.  So I "had" to go to my LQS and pick up a few items.  I'm sure that I'll fussy some of these items out.  People for one.  Ahhhh.





Why not pick up some Sweetwater along the way.










 
Oh I can't forget along the way I picked up for some yarn. . . lovely new yarn to get those knitting needles out of the bag.  I'm still not sure what pattern to use but this will be a toddlers sweater someday.  I promise. Love purple!








Sunday Stash Report- Week 7 of 2011


FABRIC

Used this Week: 0 yards {traveling, sick, and sick}
Used year to Date: 3.40 yards
Added this Week: 32.25 yards
Added Year to Date: 62.10 yards
Net Used for 2011:  -57.70 yards (Negative = added to my stash)

YARN

Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 682 yards
Added this Week: 655 yards
Added Year to Date: 655 yards
Net Used for 2011: 27 yards

Click on over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing.

1 comment:

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}