Saturday, March 5, 2011

February - Twice as Nice bee - houses

Photobucket

For my 'Twice as Nice bee' the February Assignment was Houses.  Not any ol' house but assigned houses.  Oh this stretched my skills by - a TON.

First was the design.  Oh the things that people came up with before was . . . amazing!  Then trying to execute this was something else.

First I thought that paper piecing was the perfect way to go. . so I attempted to make the circular flying geese pattern found at   The Sometimes Crafter blog.  I think this quarter of a block was pretty successful.  Phew.  The thinking involved was a stretch for sure.

So then I thought.. yep this is what I'll do for the post office assignment.

Thankfully I'm smart enough to test this theory.  It just wasn't working out.

Talking with my 11-year old step-daughter she said.. ohhh it's easy just do .. a square and add a triangle and viola.  Okay big sigh - and gotta move on.  Especially with ra-ra's from an 11-year old non-sewer with lots of cool ideas in her head.

Here is what I finally came up with.


The second block - more learning. This one was to complete a car wash block.  Constantly learning - apparently.  I wasn't that keen on hand-stitching the name.  So let's machine stitch it.. well I like it.  So here's what I did for the Car Wash.



So these were for February.  I already have my fabric for the next assignment.  I was good. . I haven't touched a thing until I got these bad boys done.  SOOOOO happy these are done.   Go check out what the other gals came up with .. so much talent in this group.

4 comments:

  1. What a great car wash block. Just awesome. I am so happy I found your blog thru Flickr. I'm a follower now...I don't want to miss a thing.
    www.artfriendzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just TOO CUTE Shanna! GREAT JOB gf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! What great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute on the building blocks! The post office is sad without it's window. I love the flag and embellishments. Oh la la!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}