Sunday, January 1, 2012

Early on 2012 Quilt Along's

What a great year this will be!

How do I know?  I'm participating in two totally awesome quilt along's right off the bat!  There are the past ones I need to finish up but I'm going to try to get these two done while they are being published.  I think that may help in the motivation/encouragement.

With that I'm going to sign myself up for TWO QAL's start this month.  Both have seriously awesome leaders!

SewHappyGeekJenna who blogs over at Sew Happy Geek is hosting the Sew.Happy.Quilt QAL. She's a doll and mocked up a few layouts!  Yipee.

Sew.Happy.Quilt. QAL fabricsHere are the fabrics I'm going to use.

I chose these fabrics with the help of Jeni over at In Color Order her Art of Choosing series and my trusty color wheel.

I'm excited as this QAL should go pretty fast as it's a sampler block layout.

We start January 3. Go check our the QAL info or the ever growing flickr group.


pins & bobbins
The second QAL is with Chelsea who blogs over at Pins and Bobbins I'm so excited!  I adore Chelsea and I peeked over at the pattern and I need someone to hold my hand through this QAL. 

I picked these out and my fella commented how nice these were - a few times. Looks like I'll be making the larger version.  Eeep! 

I'm excited to start this January 13. 

Go check our Chelsea's blog for more info or join us at the flickr group.
Made In Cherry QAL fabrics


Here's to less bee blocks in 2012 and more quilty finishes.



4 comments:

  1. WOW! I love your fabrics - both of these quilts are going to be STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bundles you've chose, have fun with your QALs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics you've chosen are wobderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both those stacks! The first one is way more me, but that second one is so subtle, your quilts are both going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}