Sunday, January 22, 2012

Made in Cherry Progress Report 1

I picked out this lovely stack of fabrics specifically for the Made in Cherry QAL (blogged about previously here). 

Made In Cherry QAL fabrics

And while some of these had to be swapped out because of quality most of them are the same.  I decided to spray starch ALL of these fabrics before cutting into them.  What a pain to pre-measure, what a lot of starch, a lot of ironing {not my favorite}, what a dream to cut, what a dream to sew.  Totally worth those hours of preparation.

Made in Cherry QAL Progress Report 1 

I was able to construct the entire center 100 squares of the center.  I'm making the larger version with 5" squares.
  
The above photo is only 1/4 of the center as now I'm working on the points. So, as you can see the top point is pretty cool, and I now see the left one needs help! This is taking up a lot of room on my design wall. I'm so happy!

I told my fella this quilt was for him.  It's so large that it will be for our bed, but it's still his. He was so happy it made it very apparent that I need to make him a lap quilt soon.  Ever since I've been making things he is getting more into my hobby.  I {heart} my fella!

There are a few other people in this QAL.  Go check out Chelsea by clicking the button or the flickr group by clicking here.

pins & bobbins

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's going to look fab when it's done! I've recently fallen in love with starch on my projects too, but yes, it certainly adds to the prep time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so tempted by this QAL. Your fabrics are so perfect for a man-quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your fella is a lucky man....!!
    -Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! So excited for you to have this much done! I still am debating start it! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabrics anxious to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}