Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baby you've come a long way

When I first started quilting I couldn't get enough of orange.  
It was kind of annoying really.  
It seemed as if every fabric I bought or wanted to buy was orange, orange, orange.  

Well I've embraced change and right now it's yellow - but that's besides the point.

I gleefully signed up for a swap over here on flickr called Crazy Nine Patch Orange-Style


So I went to my orange stash and was pretty much shocked.  I barely have enough large pieces of orange fabric left.  I barely squeezed out these 9 blocks with my orange fabric.  

Crazy nine patch orange-style

I am pretty proud that I've not continued to stash without using up these lovely fabrics.
I'm also happy I had enough for these fun blocks.

If you wanted to join in these blocks are super fast and fun.
The deadline is the end of this month.



8 comments:

  1. I'm more of a pink girl but always go 'ooh' or 'aaah' when I see orange and yellow - this is bright and cheery - just what the eye needs after a grey and dreary day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wonky blocks! Orange is so pretty, but underused

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for eking it out! I really struggle to find good oranges and yellows, probably because I have to buy online, and it's really hard to find lines that have them in it in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange and this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish I'd seen this earlier! I've loved to join!
    gotta love your oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big orange fan, so love this. I am also rapidly becoming a big Elizabeth Hartman fan - I had not seen this tutorial, thanks for sharing. I land up buying most of my oranges from spoonflower.com - but it looks like you found some nice ones here though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should do that with my massive amount of purple. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. have fun. I like orange too and these blocks are fun to make

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}