Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 Finish Along Quarter 1 goals

What a great community we have. 

Did you see that Katy from The Littlest Thistle is hosting the 2014 Finish Along?

So along with the Lovely Year of Finishes linky that Melissa and I are hosting, I'm also going to participate in this 2014 FAL.

The Lovely Year of Finishes can be a great check in to click off the items I choose below
or
Not.
Bahahaha, I'll see.

Finish Along 2014

It's going to be a great way to hopefully get some of these WIP's out of the sewing room pile.


My genius idea to strategically place a neat box of quilt tops in the sewing room has gone very wrong. I wanted to look at them and be inspired to finish them. I can barely see them peeking out.  Any other suggestions?

Can you believe Katy suggested putting a bomb off in the room but can you imagine all the pretty fabric harmed. . . ohhh dear.

So here are my First Quarter Goals.  Don't laugh.

1. My Sew Sew Modern 4 swap tote. 


I couldn't resist #supertotebag @noodlehead531 actually reading the pattern before starting

Using my favorite pattern.

2. My wall hanging for my brother and sister in laws. 

Quick star for my fella's brother and wife. Pattern from the uber talented @canoeridgecreations this seems to be my favorite as I've made it 3 times now
 It's all basted and ready to rock and roll.  {cough}
Also my January ALYoF goal posted (with the link up forYOU here)

3. My Skedaddle quilt.  This is way farther along than this but have been asked not to post more.

Cut and ready for the @psiquilt class #skedaddlequilt

I already have the backing for this beauty.. whoop. I'll see if my plan for quilting this project will work.

4. My Modern Quilt Guild project. 


#mqgrileyblakechallenge  fabrics in the house. Can't wait to get started thanks @themqg

OMG the deadline for this is coming up and Melissa is way farther along on this than I am. SIGH.

5. Make this beauty into a wall hanging.  It's a tester but it's adorable.

Take a LOOK at these points. Dear bloc loc, I ♥ you!

It would be a great usable gift!

6. My Starburst along

Star Surround

This would need a backing. . I think.  Yeah it's in the above pile! I am not even sure about this one.

7. My Nordica Quilt. 
HST Nordika

Backing?

8. My simply color hourglass quilt

Had to finish this quilt top to get it off my design wall. Ohhhh darn. It's been a fantastically quilty weekend. ♡♥♡♥

It's so pretty!

9. My 'All Framed Up' from the awesome Melissa over at Sew BitterSweet Designs pattern.

Pattern testing done! Why yes I finished a quilt top in a night ♥♡♥♡

A few hours and this one would be DONE.

10. My commission quilt from a high school friend.  

March ALYoF finish

 This is so lovely and so ready to be out of my house.
I'm thinking long arm this baby!

11. My Sew Happy Geek QAL

Sew Happy Quilt QAL progress - December 2012

This is yet another awesome beauty that is sitting in my pile. 

12.  Oh quilting my mom's quilt!!

IG friends + flickr friends + straight needle plate + embroidery needle = happy FMQ . I'll eventually get my mom's quilt quilted

This is great practice and now I have thread again.  I can get to this.
~~

And because of Ella and her post.  I'm gonna throw in a kitting project!  OMG I'm sending off yarn to my sister so I don't feel bad.

13. Knitted baby blanket for a now 1+ year old . 
FiberofAllSorts Knitting 2

Lalalala

~~~

How am I ever going to get through any of these without goals?  Oh wait...that is what this post is for! I have a LIST.  :)

This isn't even touching my bee quilts.  That will be for another quarter! 

Oh and I'm going to start de-stashing - yarn and fabric! I've started on Instagram!!!

Whoop.  Yeah for goals!



6 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I know my list is crazy. I've been knitting my frustration out. Finishing a few this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty pile! Best wishes on finishing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real beauties in that list. I love the Sew Happy Geek QAL it's so bright. Looking forward to finishing along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so many of them are so close, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang that is a long list! Good luck getting it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck - I'm sad I missed out on the first month of AYoLF but thankfully there's next month - its for my "smaller" projects :)

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}