Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January: Lovely Year of Finishes ~ Goal Setting Party

Merry New Year.

How did we get here?  When I was in grade school, I never imagined myself past 25 years old and well I'm a wee bit past that.

I'm so thrilled to see so many recaps of 2013 but then all the new-ness of 2014.

~~~

Melissa from Sew BitterSweet Designs and I are so excited to be  here all year long for another year of A Lovely Year of Finishes. 


I'm excited to finish some projects on a monthly basis.

My tactic is is choose small goals and then in the background to finish the bigger ones as I'm on a roll. 
To that end let me share what I'm planning on busting out this month.

I'm going to finish this lovely wall hanging for my brother and sister-in-law.  They moved into a new place and why not share some quilty love.

Quick star for my fella's brother and wife. Pattern from the uber talented @canoeridgecreations this seems to be my favorite as I've made it 3 times now

So a finish for me means machine quilting, hangers, a label, and binding to then gift this beauty.

Thanks to Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations for this pattern.  It was part of her Fresh Mini Quilt patterns. She also did this as a larger quilt and QAL (quilt along) that I had to desperatly avoid since these are so quick and easy and sooo much fun.

Anyways.. that's my goal.
~~~
So it's the start of a new year.  What's your January goal?
What one item will you choose?
You have two requirements to be entered into the prizes this month.


1. Link-up {on this post} the first 7-days of the month * this one is open til the 10th but this is the ONLY one*
and

2. Link-up in the last 7-days of the month.

Add your blog post or flickr photo (with appropriate descriptions) to the linky party below.

Please grab a button or link back to Melissa and I so other people can join in the fun!

**Please note, the linky party is the same here and over at Melissa , so there is no need to enter twice **



We have some new fantastic sponsors. 

Here's what we have for January prizes. 

Yep there is a change for a prize at the end too.

January Prizes Include:

1, 2. TWO winners each getting to choose one pdf pattern
from Sew BitterSweet Designs ($10 value)

http://blog.sewbittersweetdesigns.com/

3. Quilting Patterns designed by Quilting Lodge


4. Persimon Dreams - Project Quilting Mystery Bundle


 
5. Thread Prize from Aurifil

6. Green Fairy Quilts - 3 pdf patterns


7, 8. Honey, Bunny and Doll - 2 Patterns

Honey, Bunny, and Doll

9. Sew Sweetness - 1 pdf Pattern

Sew Sweetness


Also if you participated in at least 6 months of 2013 you have till January 7th to link up your mosaic.  You can find that link up here.

Happy 2014


11 comments:

  1. Looks like a great plan, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose for your brother's wall hanging! You are so sweet to make this for them as a housewarming gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting yet another year - and good luck finishing your fabulous wall hanging for your brother!
    I agree: small doable goals make me do much more than feeling overwhelmed by monster projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your star–I made some pillow covers from Christmas fabrics in the same design–lots of interesting quilting possibilities! Good luck with your goal and thank you for continuing #aLYoF in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm assuming that since your blog is "Fiber" of All Sorts, I could include some of my spinning as monthly goals as well? Because while I do quilt a bit, this month I need to be working on some Spinning. I want to try spinning silk from hankies, something I've had in my stash for a long time but never had the guts to work on. Let me know if this won't work and I can figure out something else sewing related!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time participating. Can't wait to get started finishing my project :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am struggling to upload a picture of my top down cardigan. I fear I will have the sweater done before I am able to join the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley I am unable to email you back as you have a Google+ account and no email associated with it. Please email me and Melissa and I can get your project linked up.

      The photo doesn't matter as much as a link-up.

      Delete
  8. Hi! I want to join the Year of Lovely Finishes Party, but am new to this blogging thing and am not clear how to "link up" or what I need to do to join... Please help :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise. Go check out our page of info on the tab above. All the details are in there. Great timing as February is about to come about.

      Delete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}