Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Stash - Week 3 of 2011

Oh what a week it's been! Work has been stressful.  I was sick a bit.  Thankfully the weekend has been lovely, so far.  This week has been a fabric week!
Here is a photo of everything I got.  










I went to my in-town local fabric store once I was starting the leg work of the Postage Stamp quilt I'm completing for the p.s. i quilt quilt-along.  I was lacking of good yellows and transitional yellow oranges.  So I purchased a few. Got enough for my stash building too.





I have joined a few on-line bees and am going to attempt to complete a few angel blocks for people who are missing blocks  Being an angel can be hard work.  Especially when I went to my stash and I found that I have NO whites.  I have white backing but nothing white on white.  I had to get some of that and found a few yummy black and whites.


I got a few fat quarters of items just because. . I love them!


*Edit* - Oh there are these yummy ones too. . . I love the one on the bottom here with the diamonds.  So i got a little from the line.  Oh the beautiful things I can make from this line.*End Edit*

 From my non-local fabric store, Stash in Walla Walla I kinda go crazy.  These lovely ladies stock the modern fabrics and I wish that I had a store just like them to work on all the day long.  The following purchases are from them.

I am completing a fabric swap at the beginning of next month.  The chosen color is green.  We will exchange 12" squares.  Mini stash building.  I purchased this lovely green.
 There has been a blog hop that is celebrating the next marketing holiday, Valentines Day.  While I'm not a fan of this I do love the colors and some of the projects.  So I got a little bit of these three colors.  YUM!





I picked a few charm packs from Stash which was reasonable.  But when I went to the newest local fabric store, Finishing Touches Quilt, on Saturday she is still have a sale on the pre-cuts.  Oh how could I walk away from the Central park Jelly Roll.  Rarrrr!  I flipped through the charm pack and am not happy with the animal line. No matter.  I will eventually add the oranges of this line to "my orange" quilt stash. 


Yeah for fabrics!

And today I've even started using some of these. . lots of projects in progress.
 Sunday Stash Report- Week 3 of 2011

FABRIC

Used this Week: 0.20 yards
Used year to Date: 3.30 yards
Added this Week: 16.25 yards
Added Year to Date: 29.75 yards
Net Used for 2011:  -26.65 yards (Negative = added to my stash)

YARN

Used this Week: 682 yards *Sold some of my stash on Raverly. Also I'm still working on something but won't claim it's used until the project is done*
Used year to Date: 682 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2011: 682yards

Click on over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing.

2 comments:

  1. It's called Finishing Touch Quilt Studio at 356 SW 1st Street. She doesn't have a lot of fabrics but what she does have are good amounts of a single line. .which I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}