Friday, June 10, 2011

Embroidery 101- fabrics



Other people are doing it.  Okay so a lot of people know embroidery.  I am not one of those people.  I know how to cross-stitch, needlepoint, make those cool friendship bracelets. 

So, to add to my own skill set this is just in time.  I'm learning something new peeps.

Of course I'm right in the nick of time. Reading the kick-off over at Clover and Violet I'm putting my hat in the ring.

But seriously this one is slow enough that I'm sure I'll be able to keep up.  Slow means I'll learn! :)


Here at the 9 fabrics I have picked out.


I'll gather the pearl threads up soon, in the mean time I'll practice with what I received from Liz.

6 comments:

  1. Awe...good for you...that makes two of us! I just decided to join up yesterday and got my blocks all cut up...now to sew them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're joining in! I always want to participate in quilt alongs, but they're done before I'm even started, so I thought we'd take it slower! Can't wait to see your progress and don't forget to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embroidery....now we're talkin'!!! :) I like stich-a-longs! One day I will have one of my own...looking for a source of inspiration!! ;) maybe the shedders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha I know how to make those friendship bracelets too! I made a ton of those- clipboard ready to keep them tight as you knotted them. Thanks for the flashback memory!
    Can't wait to see what your embroidery looks like- fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo tempted, but I've got so much on right now. Aaaaaggghhh! want want want!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}