Monday, August 1, 2011

Halfway done before it even starts

So apparently being late with a few bee blocks in June flowing over into July and even hyper boosting me into August.  It's helped that 4 amazing gals get me their fabrics even before August started.  And I got to it. . yeah!

I finished a few blocks and a few cute things on the side.


Both this bee's gals sent their packages!

August - Aqua and RedAugust - Aqua and RedFirst Jacque requested a mixture of smaller wonky stars.  The packages came all prepared with no guesses.  There are the two blocks I made for her.  

I really enjoyed making smaller than I'm used to blocks. 


August - Aqua and Red

Second guiltyquilter wanted some grand flying geese.  I so keenly started cutting into the fabric without thinking.  Le'sigh.  Thankfully I had some matching white fabric. 


I whipped this up and I always use scraps to keep the chain piecing going on my machine.  


August - Aqua and RedSo why not just make another matching block.. . :)


This bee has the most talkative gals I've seen.  They are super sweet.   This month, Grendelskin, requested for our hive to work on a Happy Zombie block from the Quiltmakers 100 quilt blocks Volume 2 #115.  
August - Orange You Glad

Thankfully my girlfriend came over for a quilt day when I broke out this block.  She was completing her Geese in the Park quilt top from Freckled Whimsy. She talked me through the no waste flying geese blocks that I didn't see the included instructions for until the block was done.  

A lovely quick and easy block.

August - Sew Modern Quilt Bee
August - Sew Modern Quilt BeeAugust - Sew Modern Quilt Bee
I also got to make My Fabric Obsession her blocks for the month. She has a great tute for this as well.  These were super fun! 


Here again I made a mini block from the scraps.

August - Sew Modern Quilt Bee
These are some seriously adorable blocks!  I so can't wait to see this finished.

I even dove into one of my own projects before the weekend was over.  But alas Monday is here again.We'll see what I can get done this week.

I'm linking this post up.

Go check out the other amazing things happening
around the craft world.
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge CreationsSew Happy Geek








11 comments:

  1. Great blocks and I love your minis! The Fabric Obsession blocks - neat colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you've been busy! I love the blocks for me, thanks so much. And that mini block is too much - that's teeny weeny! :)
    Love those flying geese too, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were busy! Great flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love the flying geese block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! You make me want to join a bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like those blocks for My Fabric Obsession! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mini blocks. Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fg block, it's so well done! and the string blocks are fantastic! you were super productive this weekend. well done :) you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your blocks! How do you find such great quilting bees to join?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bee blocks! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}