Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My March Finish - ALYoF

I realize that I'm late posting this ...but so many good reasons (or not).  

Besides being a lazy photographer,
Running out of color catchers was so traumatic I needed flowers ♡ I love my fella
I didn't have any color catchers in my house.  My fella even bought me flowers to make up for that fact. 

And life has been busy.

This quilt has been shown in the local quilt show.  Adore it!

I'm so proud of this quilt as it's done.  It's a physical example of the growth of my free motion quilting abilities. 

#ALYoF   a finish I haven't shared...Doh

Quilt Stats:

Name: Boy Framed Up 
Size: approx. 52" x 52"
Fabrics:  Stash fabrics and batiks from my mom
Pattern:  All Framed Up from Sew BitterSweet Designs
Quilting: Machine quilted by me on my Pfaff Performance 2058
Started : June 2013
Completed: March 2014

I really do love this quilt.  I love that it was easy!  I finished the quilt top up in one night.  It was that fast!

#ALYoF  the back is rocking too

The quilt back took longer to create as I wasn't following an awesome pattern.

Once I basted this beauty...the quilting went fast too!  The open areas made it where I could do some awesome testing of FMQ techniques.  

These aren't my colors but it's for someone that I love.  So I love love love it even more.

I'm not the only one using Melissa's patterns...
Go check out the other pattern testers (you know the ones that finished and photographed theirs on time) on Melissa's blog here

It's only because of ALYoF that I even look at these old projects.  
So happy Melissa puts up with me ;)

So this was my March finish.  I can't wait to share my April/May finish...yes I may actually have a finish this month!

1 comment:

  1. It looks fab, looking forward to seeing the next finish too :o)


I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}